<VV> rampside wanted

wfcc at mediacombb.net wfcc at mediacombb.net
Mon Apr 14 21:17:49 EDT 2014

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: KARL STELZER

Saturday, April 5th was not a good day for my Rampside. Debbie and I were on our way over to Belligrath for the car show (I was driving the Rampside and she was driving the Corsa behind me). At the Loxley overpass a Mustang lost control and took her Mustang and my Rampside for a wild ride -- across the highway, into the grass on the right side of the road -- the Rampside flip onto its top and down into the edge of the woods, hit a tree. I Thank the Lord I walked away with 3 stitches in my ear and several bumps and bruises. The tree stopped the Rampside and I from dropping another 25-30 feet into a ravine. Debbie saw the beginning of the accident but fortunately missed the "slide for life" on my top and smacking into the tree (she had to slow down and pull over). The EMT's, fire dept. and men

with the wrecker all said it was good that I was in that old truck (a newer Ford Ranger/Nissan pickup -- they said they would have had to use the "jaws-of-life" and then put a blanket over me). The Lord is good. Attached are a couple of pictures. It took a special wrecker with a crane ($875) to get the Rampside out of the woods and right side up and another $350+ to get it home -- in my driveway. I did not want them simply to take it to a pound. There are some parts I can save -- the motor seems ok (recently rebuilt --$3500).

Ed, if you are aware of any Rampsides let me know -- also up at Helen, maybe someone is aware of one. Preferably a 63 (64 -- 2nd choice), but even a 61 or 62 if the condition and price are right. I am looking for a solid/straight body (surface rust is no problem), good glass and cab latches that are good. I have an interior, so that can be trash or missing. I have a good power train good

transmission, new clutch, rebuilt motor (it can even be a "roller.")

Hope you enjoy the show in Ga.

Karl