<VV> new to turbo

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Thu Apr 17 22:57:38 EDT 2014

Not only did the turbo boost gauge verify that the turbo was working, but it
indicated how much boost was being produced by the turbo. In the non-turbo
version, the needle swung the other way, indicating how much vacuum was
being produced, as related to throttle position and engine load. This is an
indicator of fuel economy.
I have rented U Haul trucks equipped with a prominent vacuum gauge, so the
user could use moderate throttle to keep the vacuum level in the green, or
higher vacuum range, indicating better fuel economy.

Mel Francis
Oconomowoc, WI