<VV> New to turbo

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Fri Apr 18 15:34:01 EDT 2014

So if the gauge reads vacuum(left side) I am not getting turbo boost, and if
it reads to the right side of center, I am getting turbo boost?
...,Bruce Alexander

Correct!  And as stated, a stock setup  starts building boost above 3000rpm,  needs about 10 miles of driving  to fully warm up and usually be in 3rd gear or going up a hill  or passing someone.

 Remember the gauge is in HG  not PSI   30" Hg = approx. 7 psi

Several easy mods can be made to improve this....and many more expensive mods can make it a real performer..  This is a 1960's design...

When you achieve boost you will feel the surge!

Here's a video of a basically stock setup with just bolt on mods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh8Rw1-QbfM

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio