<VV> radio reception

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Apr 18 21:02:58 EDT 2014

Good advise so far.

The antenna needs a good ground at its base.

How can an antenna hidden inside a metal box work well? You already have
a hole in the car for an external antenna, use it!

Since this is a new problem, do not jump to adjusting the antenna
trimmer on the radio, look for an issue that changed, like the ground at
he antenna base. Or mice that ate the antenna coax. That happened to me
on a car I drove regularly! Living in the woods is so much fun, usually.

Frank DuVal