<VV> Corvairs at Reno's Hot August Nights plus Christy Barden's UV meets up with the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile!

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Mon Aug 4 15:29:45 EDT 2014

Go to;
http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.php?1,730636,730636#msg-730636

Christy Bardon wrote in the UltraVan Yahoo Croup;

I had a great surprise today. The Oscar Meyers Wienermobile was in Reno for Hot August Nights. They were filming some promotional commercials for the company. It all happened because of Vance Piper. I was displaying the Ultra Van #228 at Hot August Nights in Reno. Vance walked into my van. He has owned a award winning early Corvair coupe since he was 16. He now has grown daughter. He was there to help photography a Oscar Meyers commercial. I told him I wanted to take a photo of both the Ultra and the Wienermobile together. So later, he phoned me that they were 2 blocks away from down town Reno. So I drove over and got these photos.

The director liked the Ultra Van so much he wanted to use it in the commercial. So we drove thought the streets of Reno. I would follow the Wienermobile, then pull to the right of it and coming to a stop at a stop sign. I would look over at Wienermobile and tip my hat, then pull off the right as the Wienermobile pulled ahead. WOW! What a thrill. I was told they would furnish me a link to the footage. When I get I’ll post it to the group.

What a great time we had at Hot August Nights in Reno, Christy

See attached pic!

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio