<VV> Roller tip rockers...I know it's been covered before

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 23:21:49 EDT 2014

Mike, if your rocker arms and balls have been thru a run and or scored you
need to replace them anyway. While my set only had 63k miles on them, they
were scored. Also, the rocker to valve face surface was corroded and worn
at an angle that would require polishing out. It wasn't that much more for
the roller rockers and valve covers. Also the original arms are known to
stress crack in the corners for the stud hole.
I installed the Clarks roller rockers and pushrods to match with their deep
valve covers and got a smoother running engine using less horsepower to
turn over the engine. There is a lot of friction in those ball to rocker
sockets. I had to readjust idle down and reset mixture.
But just know that a properly set up std rocker system in good condition
will provide years of reliable operation.
Also, not sure why you are comparing a valve job to roller rockers. You
need a good valve job for either rocker setup you choose.

Mark Durham Hauser Idaho
62 2Door Coupe 4speed Red/Red