<VV> Failure of original, GM rocker arms

wrsssatty at aol.com wrsssatty at aol.com
Sun Aug 10 21:10:33 EDT 2014

My big sis bought a '63 Monza 102 new and I recall her having to replace rocker arms twice.  She traded it in Aug. '68 so this would have happened before then and the car was relatively low mileage although out of warranty.  I was only around 9 years old so I was even less mechanically savvy then than now.  All I recall is a knocking/tapping noise and the mechanics at the local Esso telling her she needed a new rocker arm.  My point is that the original, GM rocker arms did fail, sometimes at low mileage and when a lot newer than they are today.

~Bill Stanley