<VV> Failure of original, GM rocker arms

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 21:21:55 EDT 2014

Yet on my 62-102 4 speed from 1966 thru 1972 my car was sold with 220k
miles on it and one overhaul at 115k miles due to a cam gear failure. I
replaced balls but the rockers were never replaced.
The point here is people who use their cars a lot the ball to rocker area
gets plenty of splash lubrication, but today where most cars sit more than
drive that splash lubrication squeezes out and there is more  chance of dry
startups there than anywhere else in the engine .
It is imperative to use the best oil available and drive your cars.

Mark Durham Hauser Idaho
62 2Door Coupe 4speed Red/Red