<VV> push rod failure

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 17:55:42 EDT 2014

Michael, my thoughts are that parts like this are aging to the point that
we are seeing failures where there normally would not be failures. However,
the push rod sustains one of the highest loads of any part in the engine.
The amount of pressure that runs across the lifter face and cam lobe and
rocker ball/rocker recess is focused directly to the much smaller push rod
end. I suspect it was the top ball, not the base? The base receives plenty
of pressure lubrication however, the top only gets splash like the rockers,
since there is a hole that sprays oil out the sides on our push rod tubes.

Mark Durham
Hauser, Idaho
62 Monza coupe Red/Red 4 speed