<VV> [fastvair] push rod failure [2 Attachments]

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 18:04:29 EDT 2014

Paul, I got Elgin lifters when I did my engine 4 years ago. I recently did
a full valve adjustment with my roller rocker valve train and had to add
three quarts of oil to make up for what was lost during the ten minutes of
idle I did for adjusting both sides then verifying the adjustments. Clark's
sells them. So my point is there are lifters out there that fit the Corvair
and send lots of oil to the valve train.

And there are oils with plenty of ZDDP. I currently am using Valvoline VR 1
Dino oil, 10w30, with plenty of ZDDP. There is Mobil 1 15w50, it too has
sufficient ZDDP. There are quite a few others, or, simply use an ZDDP Plus
additive.

Mark Durham
Hauser, Idaho
62 Monza coupe Red/Red 4 speed