<VV> <vv> steering box centering when adjusting

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Tue Aug 12 16:22:05 EDT 2014

No such luck. The box was just worn so much that the middle was low
instead of high. It had 'high' spots on each side of center, 1/2 - 3/4
turn away from center. I think that was my '56 Stude. I'm not sure, I
think my 57 Ranchero suffered from the same problem.

In fact, the Toy also has 'high' spots well away from the center of
travel. I took it up Azusa Canyon last night, and noticed that at 1/2 -
1 turn from center, there's kind of a stiff feeling in the steering. Not
terrible, but noticeable.

With the full moon out, that was a pretty drive.

cheers
Jay

--
Jay Maechtlen SoCal '61 2-dr modified w/fiberglass skin, transverse 3.8
Buick V6 TH440T4 trans

---