<VV> clutch cable

Ken Clark kcvair at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 18 21:46:55 EDT 2014

How lucky can you get if a clutch cable breaks.  Driving quite a lot and was at Ind. St. Fair car show yesterday getting ready to back into my space when the ball on the cable broke off.  Had 8 member Corvairs there and got pushed into my space.  I had a way to attach a cable to get home , but Carlton Smith had the best way yet, maybe some of you have used this method.  A "C" clamp to clamp onto the  cable and then loop the "C" clamp over the clutch arm that has the end of the ball in it.  Had it on in 5 min. and made it home with no more problems
Need to make a little groove in the part where the cable goes to hold it in place when tightening the clamp.  To think this could have happened anyplace over the weekend and the temporary fix I had would have taken much longer.  I hate to think of it happening  in downtown Indy where I had just come thru.
Ken Clark