<VV> A Devin in some area code or other (precious little Corvair)

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Sat Aug 23 14:56:04 EDT 2014

Ron:
> If you?re at all interested the 509 area code tells you all you need to know.
This is not correct.  People move to new cities/states all the time and
don't change their cell phone number.

My cousin moved from Rhode Island to Boston to San Francisco and his
area code (401) has never changed.  My girlfriend's cell phone number is
an old land line number that's been in her family for 50 years.  An area
code like 509 only tells you where the original number was issued, not
necessarily where it's located today.

>    Actually, a Devin C is so rare that it doesn?t make much difference where it is, it?s the nearest one!
This I agree with, but the only thing it leaves out is allowing a
potential buyer to factor in shipping costs to wherever he or she is
located.

On balance, I gotta go with Frank B. on this one.  His subsequent
observation of the overall time spent looking up the number for many
people far outweighing the time for one person to include the location
just seals the deal.

Steven Serenska