<VV> overheating issue for new/young Corvair owner

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Mon Aug 25 15:56:04 EDT 2014

The light is a TEMP-PRES light and the symptoms indicate low oil pressure
at idle.  The oil pressure sensor could be defective, or the pressure at
idle may be low.  I'd measure the pressure with an external gauge both at
idle and somewhere around 3K rpm.  Be aware that the oil pressure idiot
light sensors were used on a lot of GM cars and come in various pressure
ratings.  Also, the sensor takes a special wrench which is available at
most any auto parts store.

Dave Keillor