<VV> overheating issue for new/young Corvair owner

wrsssatty at aol.com wrsssatty at aol.com
Mon Aug 25 15:13:10 EDT 2014

A very young, new Corvair owner who has contacted me on line has a temp light problem that has manifested itself during the stop-and-go portion of a 3+ hour drive to Grand Haven, MI in his '62 Monza with 102 h.p. and PG.  Here's his description:

<When driving at least 15 mph temp light goes off but when at stop light temp light comes on.  It isn't low on oil.  The fuel pump just went out. Could that have anything to do with running hot?>

He says the damper doors are opening fully, and properly.

Any ideas?  Also, is a fuel pump generally available at chain auto parts stores?

I told him I'd post this and forward any response.

Thanks!

~Bill Stanley