<VV> Misbehaving fuel pump

J. R. Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 25 23:24:44 EDT 2014

See - it works!  I'd say 10 years or more is a fair estimate for me as well.

Here is a tip to keep the rubber portions of fuel pump and accelerator pumps
alive longer even considering our alcohol laden gasoline.  It is my
experience that adding a couple of glugs (estimate 4 to 5 ounces) of Marvel
Mystery Oil to each tank of gas seems to keep the rubber moist so that it
does not disintegrate in these pumps.

Your Mileage May Vary...  And I don't always remember to do it myself, but
usually do.

Later, JR