<VV> LM Tank Installed! COMPLETE Fuel tank filler pipe hose set : $15

Charlie chaz at properproper.com
Tue Aug 26 23:22:13 EDT 2014

Hi again ~

I have a full set of the 3 fuel tank hoses left over for anyone who may be
tackling this job and wants to invest in these for $15, including shipping?
(You may know, or will find out, that to get 3” of each hose, you’ll need to
buy a full 12” and the big one is about $25 per foot, plus tax!)

This is all 3 pieces, the ¼” fuel line from the tank output/gauge sender
unit, the 1-3/8” fuel filler pipe, and the 3/8” fuel return line.

Just send me an email with your address, or use PayPal which I believe will
include your address with your payment?

I may put this on eBay but I’d have to add their exorbitant fees, so I
figure I’d put it put here first.

Send me an email me first, so the first email gets it without confusion.

The fuel tank has been replaced on my 1967 Monza, and it was definitely a
2-man job!

The “cavern” under the floorboard where the tank goes was even cleaner than
I had expected,

Surprisingly, it had little or no surface rust (OK, a few black widow nests,
etc) as were the brake lines and speedo cable, etc, which was a nice
surprise!

The irony was that the tank and surrounding area were nearly perfect, making
me suspect the tank had been replaced sometime in the last 47 years, but the
hoses were completely rotted away.

So, why would the tank was so clean when the hoses were so deteriorated?

(When I tried to fill the tank after the engine installation, 100% of gas
went straight to the ground from the normal LF fender filler access through
rotted hoses which fell apart when the tank was removed!)

Now I need a fuel gauge unit as long as I’m at it, since I cannot get a
steady reading from this one, even after cleaning the contacts, etc.

The unit has “90 ohms” stamped on the cover, but the readings vary in the
K-ohm and M-ohm ranges.

Any clues?

Thanks!

Charlie