<VV> red generator dash light

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Fri Aug 29 19:05:36 EDT 2014

Hi Ken,
I had the very same problem when I installed an alternator in my '60.  My problem was me.  It turned out to be that the non original battery cable had twisted just enough to make  contact with the terminal on the starter solenoid.  Drove me nuts for 2 weeks until, one evening I slid under the car to check something totally unrelated and just happened to  look up at the starter and noticed the odd angle of the bat cable.  Previously, I had torn all my re-wiring apart about 6 times and still no luck.  It's more than likely something stupid.  Hope this helps.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook
'60 700 4dr '64' 110/4-spd
'63 ragtop 110/pg
'65 Monza 4dr 84/pg