<VV> 64 Suspension on a 62

Tom Berg thesuperscribe at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 09:29:17 EST 2014

Seems to me you'd need the '64 diff, because it has a mounting point and a threaded hole to secure the center of the transverse leaf.
--Tom in Ohio

     On Tuesday, December 2, 2014 4:04 PM, jwcorvair--- via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

Hi,
I am in the process of installing a 64 suspension on a 62 four door. I have all of the suspension components from the 64 so that is no problem. What I do not have is a 64 differential to mount the leaf spring; I have only my 62 differential. Is it possible to "mount" the 64 leaf spring to an earlier differential? I would think that it would be possible, but I am not certain of the pitfalls or modifications necessary to make a 64 leaf spring work with an earlier differential. Possibly fabricating a mount similar to the Empi camber compensator but suited more for a 64 leaf spring.

Any ideas?

Joe White
(62 four door, 64 Spyder project, 66 Porvair)