<VV> '65 Corvair heater "FAN" motor shaft keyed?

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Tue Dec 9 15:14:19 EST 2014

The plastic fans (I'm not sure if they are/were GM or aftermarket) are
molded and do not have that crimped on center hub and will therefore spin at
the same speed as the output shaft from the electric blower motor.  They
don't seem to be easily available now.  This leaves you with finding a way
to fix the one you have in some way to prevent the hub from spinning at the
point of attachment to the fan itself.

It seems to me that applying lubricant is going to stop the squeal for a
while, but the fan will likely not be spinning as fast as the motor - if at
all.

Yes - you have circled to part of the fan that is the problem area.

Later, JR

O'Reilly and Auto Zone both stock the PM102 fits most late 60 through 80s GM. My original fan still worked and still had the boot, but had a wobbling sound. The PM102 puts out more air with the same fan.
The Four Season 35345 is much quieter with as good if not better output, probably worth the extra price in a car or especially a van but not in a Rampside.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages