<VV> '65 Corvair heater FAN motor shaft keyed?

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Wed Dec 10 18:47:10 EST 2014

On 12/10/2014 4:28 AM, Harry Yarnell (Verizon) wrote:
> I doubt that will work with pot metal.

Maybe not, I sure haven't tried it. I don't know what alloy the "pot
metal" actually is.

There would be multiple sneaky approaches -
1) drill a couple of small holes offset from the center shaft through
the fan into the hub, and install small screws,
2) screw a tab onto the outside of the hub (a screw into the hub
pointing toward the motor shaft) and the tab being brazed (or whatever)
to the fan.
3) left as an exercise for... (nevermind)

(ok, I'm not from the South, but I did grow up on a ranch)
cheers
Jay

--
Jay Maechtlen SoCal '61 2-dr modified w/fiberglass skin, transverse 3.8
Buick V6 TH440T4 trans