<VV> MARRIOTT AND BRAKES..

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Dec 24 09:33:49 EST 2014

On the hotel: as of yesterday no problem getting rooms for those dates. We
ended up with what we needed , and discount is slightly  better with ARRP
than convention..per phone call to desk yesterday. They ask you if "other
discounts" when you mention CORSA.
 On the brakes: our shop had a shoe grinder (AAMCO) which is in my
partners garage now , because I am out of room. Grinding the shoes to fit the
drums makes a HUGE difference in stopping and pedal feel , even if drums are
only out a small amount. This  Really helped my truck issues. I also  chamfer
all edges of brake shoe material at @45degs on my bench mount belt  sander .
I use a coarse ( about twice normal speed)  cut on drums.  Works well for
me.
Regards, Tim Colson  happy holidays.
See you in Knoxville!