<VV> Speedo Drive gears

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Wed Dec 24 16:31:46 EST 2014

From: MarK Durham <62vair at gmail.com>

The speedo is run by a plastic gear that slides into the side of the trans
and you can get plastic gears with different teeth on them to adjust for
tire size changes. Look at page 124 in Clarks catalog for parts.
There is a retainer bolt and a o ring seal to pay attention to but it can
be easily done.
Smitty Says;  Slow down just a little down just a little bit.  I think I was
only wrong one time in my life.  That was the time I plugged a speedo drive
into an early Diff and pulled out a nub after trying to run it.  It was
afterward I discovered that gears are not one size fits all.  I know this
issue has been covered in a tech tip someplace, but I don't remember where.
Just wanted to give a little heads up.                    Merry Christmas to
all you flat 6 Motorheads out there.