<VV> '63 HD spring spec

Dusty Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 25 23:07:10 EST 2014

I don't have a pair of the HD springs, but I did have them on a 1963 Spyder convertible that I once owned.  If I remember correctly, they were a heavier wire, than the standard springs.  The one thing that I do recall vividly, was that the HD suspension package included rear rebound straps that limited the amount of travel that the rear lower control arm could drop.  This s clearly shown how it was accomplished in the 1962 Factory Assembly manual.  I do have a pair of rear lower control arms with the brackets welded to them, and the rebound strap steel plates that mounted under the rubber bumper, along with the small steel plates that were used to hold the two halves of the rebound strap where it went through the lower control arm bracket.  I even have a pair of NOS rebound straps.  I have kept all these parts together for many years, and was planning on installing them on a 1962 or 1963 Spyder if I ever bought one, but so far, I haven't come across a car to my liking.  I don't want to sell them at this time.  I have been talking with a machine shop about reproducing the parts.  Nothing set in stone quite yet.
Paul in CT