<VV> Title

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Sat Dec 27 22:41:44 EST 2014

If it has been sitting for 29 years without having been  registered, you
are probably in luck .... probably.  Every state is  different and you need to
check but as far as I know, the last registration  record has probably
disappeared from the state's data base.  You can probably just go and
title/register it.   You will probably need to bring the car in so they can verify the
VIN.  Do  not show the old registration but you may be required to show a
receipt with a  purchase amount on it.  Did you get one?

Now the possible bad news.  If the car had been stolen  back when, record
of its theft may still be in the data base.  You will  have no criminal
liability but the "powers that be" will impound the car and you  will be out
whatever time, money and effort you have invested.  That is,  unless you can go
after the seller to reimburse the sale price.  If you  have installed any
parts of value, remove them before you go to register the  car.  They will not
allow you to dismantle anything once they discover it  is stolen.  There
are horror stories of fully restored cars being returned  to the original
owner with the "dupe" having invested tens of thousands of  dollars.  The dupe
suffers and the original owner enjoys a  windfall.

Good luck,

Doc

In a message dated 12/27/2014 6:43:33 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

Message:  6