<VV> Title

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Sun Dec 28 10:01:12 EST 2014

> I bought a 65 monza 14 months ago on ebay from a guy who had it in his garage for 29 years or more. He towed it to my house abd after he drove away.
I think you should start by contacting the seller and trying to get him
to sign a bill of sale to memorialize the transaction.

Since, at this point, you're asking him to do you a favor, you should
take the initiative and type out a Bill of Sale using Word and email it
to him.  Ask him to sign it and either scan and email it back or print
it, sign it, and US Mail it back.  If it makes it easier for him, you
could also ask him for his address and mail it to him with a stamped
return envelope included.  Your objective, of course, is to make it as
easy as possible for him to help you out.

I would hope that if you put all the correct details in the Bill of Sale
(i.e., make, model, VIN, sale date, sale price, seller's name, buyer's
name, etc.), he would have no problem helping you out and signing it.

As Brent said, what happens next depends on the state, but there are
many who will either accept a bill of sale in lieu of title or issue a
title based on the Bill of Sale.

HTH.

Steven J. Serenska

'65 Monza Convertible, 110/4