<VV> Title

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Sun Dec 28 12:12:39 EST 2014

Smitty Says;  It has only been a couple of days but I am still waiting for
the post saying which state the buyer is located in.  Problem with not
divulging that info just invites people from 50 states to make inputs on
their own state.
My VA story is when I got a free car from a bean field I had no paper work
at all.  I paid my fee and checked on wants and warrants and ownership
history in VA.  Then I went to the DMV to see what could be done.  The lady
was very nice in explaining that I would have to get a notarized statement
from each of the 50 states at a cost of 8 to 15 dollars per state that they
had no record of that car's existence or record of who the last registered
owner was.  Then I would have to send a registered letter to that owner
asking for the title and offering to buy the title.  By then of course I
would be out around 500 dollars for a total ratted out shell of a car with
no motor and trees growing up through the floor. plus what the owner wanted.
If the registered letter came back not deliverable I would be home free on
that.  I said something like "this is ridiculous, there has to be a better
way".  She leaned over the counter and got in my face and said, listen
mister, if you mess with the VIN or any paperwork on the car you will be
charged with a title 5 felony and the government will come after you.  I
went home and committed a title 5 felony.  I selected one of the title and
VIN tags pairs I had removed from cars I cut up.  Changed the VIN on the
door post, Pulled the front axle and cut out what used to be the hidden
number on the frame rail.  Stamped a number to to match the VIN plate on a
small piece of metal and welded it into the opening.  Ground off the weld
beads for a perfectly smooth surface.  Painted it and put the axel back on.
Then went and registered the car.  Am I putting my head in a noose?  I don't
think so.  If I chose to write a fictional story like this for VV there is
no law against that.  Or is it fictional?