<VV> Carb cleaners

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Tue Feb 11 13:36:52 EST 2014

I had a similar incident with the good old nasty stuff. My container was
very aged also and I noticed it was beginning to ooze thru the steel bucket
seam. I placed it in a 5 gallon plastic pail but, after some time I had to
get rid of it. We won't talk about how....

My first experience with this stuff goes back to my high school years. I was
working part at the local Pontiac dealer as a lot boy/ gofer. All the
mechanics kept a pail of carb cleaner under their work benches along with
some lesser stuff like Varsol. I saw several of them
Dip their hands into the can and wipe them off rather than go to the shop
restroom and use the Lava or GoJo. One day I was in a hurry and popped the
lid on one of the guy's pail, stuck my hands in expecting it to be Varsol.
Needless to say it wasn't and the burning sensation
In my hands finally quit after repeated washings and rinsing with water,
soap and GoJo. The mechanics had a good laugh at my expense but I never did
that again.

Rick Norris
1st CORSA President, 1971
www.corvairalley.com