<VV> Headers choice and Ground clearance

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sun Feb 16 22:13:24 EST 2014

On Feb 16, 2014, at 3:13 PM, Michael Weary wrote:

> What is the best ground clearance I can get with a set of (Clarks) headers ? I have heard the "buggie headers" have the most, but you have to cut holes in the rear grill to be sucessful... which I have no problem doing.

Hi Michael,

I have only run the old Clark's headers, but one thing I noticed is that the real ground clearance issue comes at the bend right out of the head, you'll have the most problems there.  I gained some clearance on the rest of the system by making a custom set of trombones and used mini turbo mufflers to tuck the whole system up next to the valve covers.  I didn't run a rear grill at all, so I can't help you with the hole location, sorry.

HTH,

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell | Springfield, Va. | bryan at skiblack.com | http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
 Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
 '69 Road Runner, '99 Neon R/T, '00 Miata SE, '09 Ford F-150