<VV> What to do in Newport Beach, California? (any Corvair?)

David Heath dheath at vanceandhines.com
Wed Feb 26 10:35:19 EST 2014

Lonzo, not sure what days you will be here, but the first thing I would do
is check socalcarculture.com.  That has listings for everything going on.
If you are here on a Saturday, I HIGHLY recommend you rise early and head
first to Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach.  Plan to be there about 6:00
or 6:30.  It starts early and finishes by 7:30 or 8:00.  This is an
informal gathering of cars, but very fun.  When you are done there, jump on
the 405 and head down to Cars and Coffee in Irvine.  This gathering is also
informal, but these are high-end (ferrari, etc.) cars.  Well worth the
drive.  You could probably do this on your way down to San Juan.
For Corvair specific activities, I recommend you stop in at Dave and
Buster's in Orange for dinner on Thursday with the Vintage Corsa crowd.
 Great group of people.  If you have the time, I also recommend dropping by
California Corvairs to talk to Jeff.  It is a bit of a drive from Newport,
but not too bad.  Well worth the time just to see what he has.

David Heath
'65 Coupe 140/4