<VV> Wheel Dolly Recommendation

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Fri Jan 3 06:31:58 EST 2014

Reminds me of the old days and autocrossing here. We had the same problems
with cars left on the lot and they always seemed to be exactly where the
course was going. All we had were floor jacks but it worked. One guy came to
get his car in the middle of the event and got angry when he saw it parked
in a corner. He wanted to know who moved it. We said, it was like that when
we got there. That happened more than once but not the same dude.

Rick Norris
1st CORSA President, 1971
www.corvairalley.com
Hurricane WV

Our Autocross club holds the monthly events in a parking lot at
Lockheed-Martin. Each month someone ignores the several day's notice posted
at  the parking lot and parks their car where the course will go. The club
bought a set of four jacks - Actual Go-Jack brand - three of one  jacking
direction any one of the other. We keep them in the trailer and  usually end
up moving a car or two at each event. One of the castors was caught
sideways and with the help of several car pushers, was pushed sideways for
quite  a distance - destroying the wheel. An internet link and a credit card
brought a replacement wheel in the mail quickly. Most importantly, if
pushing the  cars if certain directions from several points on the car, it
is easy for  someone to push a castor over your toes. Or, at least, over the
front of your  shoes.
Be careful! This won't happen in your own garage with just you pushing! I
think they are a great design and they have worked great for us. If you are
using them once a year, the knockoffs are probably fine. For regular use,
though, by the real thing, USA built, I believe.

-Seth Emerson