<VV> Corvair plans for 2014

J. R. Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 3 16:34:45 EST 2014

Essentially, I need to do a "catch up" on things that were planned for this
past fall and are partially completed.  I ran into some medical problems and
am now in recovery mode after a couple of surgeries.  I hope to be well
enough by mid February to seriously attack the current works in progress.

The convert is getting new interior door panels all the way around.  The
interior metal portions have already been repainted.  The stainless pieces
still need to be moved from the old panels to the new ones.  The panels and
rear seat are out of the car now and I want to get the side windows adjusted
so that they close properly against one another and against the top bows.
This I want to get done as the first (next) step, but need some guidance as
I've not done this before.

The Rampside got new metal along the bottom edge and in the front wheel
wells along with a fresh paint job from the top of the stripe - down last
fall.  It also got new rubber the day before I went to the hospital and the
tires still have the blue on them since the end of September.  The engine is
tired (a car 110)  and I'm trying to decide whether to rebuild or replace
with a used 110 truck engine which a fellow CCE member has for sale.  I've
not yet had the opportunity to go see or hear that engine.  I just started
to feel like I can actually do some things a few days ago, but want to be
careful not to overdo.

Finally, my wife has recently been pushing to make a move from the home
we've been in for 35 years.  I'm not really up for that type of effort just
now.  There is a goodly stash of Corvair stuff to move on top of all the
normal household items and things that would need immediate spruce up for
sale purposes.  I have no idea what we could buy or sell for.  The big
incentive (for me) would be the attached 4 car, heated garage.  She has
other reasons of her own for wanting to make this move - like the fact that
the "new" house would be just 2 blocks from 2 of our 4 grandchildren.  If we
do this, it could really slow down my Corvair plans for the near future.

Later, JR

---