<VV> What are your Corvair Plans for 2014???

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sat Jan 4 02:18:52 EST 2014

Lots going on at Corvair Lane in Kirkland, Washington, in anticipation of
the convention being closer to my house than at any time since 1983:

* My '64 Rampside is undergoing a complete restoration, thanks to the expert
care of Duane Wentlandt. I collected parts for nearly 20 years, and almost
all of them are being put to use!
Current status: Bodywork is well underway; most of the body is in sanding
primer. Front and rear suspensions are rebuilt. Engine is torn down for
rebuild to begin.

* My '66 Canadian Corsa 'vert is getting a few improvements, to make it just
that much closer to 100% stock. Top of the list are date-coded Delco Canada
spiral shocks and a correctly-shaped gas tank. Yep--both of those items are
different on LM Canadian Corvairs. I would be happy to give an updated
version of the presentation I gave on this car in Buffalo, at this year's
convention. Once you've seen it, you'll have all the ammo you need to show
your significant other that you're not THAT crazy...
Recently finished from the list: Swapped steering boxes. Mine was leaking.
Also installed a tiny clip that holds the vacuum gauge feed line out of the
way in the engine compartment. Also installed a pair of the beautiful new
repro rocker panel "spears" from Clark's. The NOS ones on the car had quite
a few scratches.

* My '66 500 coupe is HOPEFULLY going to get its 5-speed transmission
installed. We are very close to getting the main shafts re-made. I also hope
to install an improved carb linkage setup, for better control of the
triple-throat Webers, and modified pushrods, to help with oiling around the
roller rockers. And a few other things too, like installing a wide-band O2
sensor and hooking it to an Innovate Motorsports box.

* My '66 Corsa 'vert is having a few small maintenance items fixed. My
quartz clock gave up the ghost, after 18 years of otherwise trouble-free
operation, and the wire snapped on the engine lid accessory light. Small
stuff.
Recently finished from list: Installed new oil pan gasket and changed the
oil.

--Kent