<VV> Early model hood alignment problems.

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Jan 6 12:49:06 EST 2014

Bryan is right. It is a hard concept to see, but the lid stops with the
front latch, and the rear just sits on the hinge, suspended from the hinge
pin.

Unbolt the hinge from the lid and make sure the hinge can go lower than
where it normally stops when the lid is closed. Then shim to fit.

Just bending the hinge will not accomplish anything as long as the hinge
already goes lower than the lid.

Frank DuVal

Original email: