<VV> garage floor paint

Harry Yarnell (Verizon) harryyarnell at verizon.net
Tue Jan 7 09:53:39 EST 2014

I've used Behr One Part Epoxy garage floor paint. Put it down maybe 10 years
ago, and still looks great, except in the areas of most nasty work, where
its literally rubbed off. Doesn't seem to be affected by gasoline or brake
fluid (and its seen its share). Hot tire lift also doesn't seem to be a
factor, either.

How and why they call it an epoxy (being one part), I don't know.

Mine's a neutral grey and glossy. Doesn't seem slippery when wet, but you
can add a bag of 'abrasive'  ( looks like glass beads) to the paint vessel
to improve traction. I didn't do this to the garage floor, but did to some
porch steps; you don't even notice the added abrasive, but it sure made a
difference in traction.

Bought this Behr paint in 5 gallon pails at Home Depot. Can't remember the
cost.

BTW, prep is the most important part of the paint job.

Harry Yarnell

Perryman Garage &

Orphanage

harryyarnell at verizon.net