<VV> Epoxy floor coating my 2 cents

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Jan 7 11:22:13 EST 2014

Mine was an industrial coating applied by a guy that does it for commercial
 buildings . Part of the success is a machine that does a prep bonding
surface ,  like a portable sandblaster that makes the surface just right for a
good bond.  Mine was done to a week old floor while we were enjoying the
convention in  Michigan.
 Only mistake ? I made was having an abrasive added to the final coat  , so
people can not slip on it when wet , or oily , or both. It is not slippery
, but it is about impossible to clean. I am not really sorry i did that ,
because my wife took a BAD spill  (just before my building was done ) on a
floor with off the shelf coating , on a few drops of oil on it .
 My "floor expert" says off the shelf might be ok for light usage ,  with
good prep work. Might include acid treatment.
 My present floor has been heavily abused now since 2007? with no  signs of
any failure.
  My other house had issues with a mobil oil epoxy coating because of
probable improper prep work. It started flaking after @ 1 year. Suggestion is
find a pro to do it , it is worth the extra cost.
Regards, Tim Colson