<VV> Epoxy floor coating

Vairtec Corporation vairtec at comcast.net
Tue Jan 7 11:54:55 EST 2014

I used a Sherwin-Williams epoxy product, applied by a commercial
painting contractor.  I no longer recall exactly which Sherwin-Williams
product it was, but it was designed for uses such as aircraft hangars
and outdoor helipads.

As others have noted, proper preparation of the surface is vital.

One thing I did not do was add any abrasive or similar traction aid, and
as a result the floor is Slippery When Wet!

Being a pale gray in color, it greatly brightens the area under the
car.  This makes it very easy to find those small parts which, when
dropped, always find their way to the center of the car or hide behind a
tire.

A photo of my floor can be seen here:

http://corsa2012.blogspot.com/2012/01/win-fitch-phoenix.html

Click on the photo for an enlarged view.

--Bob