<VV> Powerglide number

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Jan 7 14:59:53 EST 2014

I'm with Clark.

In all the transmission literature I have, Powerglides are defined by
description, no number.

1. Cast iron Powerglide.

2. Aluminum Powerglide

3. Corvair/Tempest Powerglide.

Now, Pontiac, Buick and Oldsmobile used a number for their two speed, but
it is not a Powerglide. ST-300, Super Turbine 300, Jetaway (Oldsmobile) are
names used. There is NO relation to a Powergilde with this tranny, it was
designed just prior to the 64 model year. Powerglides (cast iron) have been
around since 1950.

Frank DuVal

Original email: