<VV> 1965-1969 convertible rear speaker enclosure

66vairman at comcast.net 66vairman at comcast.net
Thu Jan 9 16:32:21 EST 2014

I wish to install a rear speaker in my 1966 Corsa convertible at a future date. Initially, I purchased a used late model Corvair rear speaker enclosure off ebay. The seller did say it was removed from a late model Corvair. I then purchased Clark's C10638 1966 reproduction enclosure unit. There is a definite difference in these two units. Please see the attached photos. The Clark's 1966 unit is on the left and the ebay unit is on the right. Can anyone confirm which one is correct for the 1966 model year? Cal, I see you also have a 1965 rear speaker box (exact repro) listed under part number C10082. Is it possible 1965 was a different style from 1966? Does anyone have the original 1966 optional rear convertible speaker unit on their vehicle? All comments are appreciated.

Tom Rahochik