<VV> Tacoma and more?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Jan 10 16:38:24 EST 2014

After the 1975 Corsa Convention in Seattle, my wife and I drove our
Corvair-powered VW Campmobile North to Vancouver then across western Canada  - BC
- to Lake Louise/Banff in Alberta - It was a climb, but the VW took it  in
slow stride. After a few days at Banff, we soldiered on to Calgary. The
speed limit there was 70 MPH - as opposed to the mandated, at the time, 55  MPH
in the US. At 70 MPH, the Campmobile, unencumbered by any front spoiler, was
 floating on air - and was no fun to drive. Back to 55 across Alberta. From
 Calgary, we drove South into Yellowstone, the West, across into  Idaho
then to Spokane, Washington, where we saw remnants of a prior  "World's Fair".
Then we drove South through Eastern Oregon - pretty desolate -  visited The
Dalles dam, very impressive, then up and over into extreme  Northern
California - above the tree line - looking like the face of the moon!  Eventually
to our home in the SF Bay area. We were glad to get home  after a long trip.
But one with many memories. - Seth Emerson

In a message dated 1/9/2014 11:39:39 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,