<VV> Trouble lights

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Sat Jan 11 16:59:19 EST 2014

Smitty Says;  I have no problem with the feelings of the list members that are concerned about danger when working with trouble lights.  I have had plenty of near disasters working with incandescents in them.  I do have a serious problem with LEDs to work with.  Those miserable ^%@#$%$# should be bundled up tight and shoved up the persons who perpetrate them.  I don’t care what you do with them they are always aiming at something other than what I want to see.  When they are aimed the right direction the light is so direct that you usually cast a shadow on what you are trying to see with your hands in the way.  The only thing that limits how far I can throw one is my physical ability.    I posted a while back that the Swirly lights are a fair substitute.  A compromise with safety . so to speak.  Yeah they are glass and will shatter if you abuse the hell out of them.  They won’t light off gasoline unless they are broken, and even then that may be questioned.  They surely will stand more rough treatment than even an industrial incandescent.   Everybody has an opinion.  I checked with everyone in the room and it is unanimous.  My opinion is the only one that counts.