<VV> Early signal light switch pains

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Jan 14 14:48:24 EST 2014

FIRST thing you must do is eliminate the drag on the system. MOST of the
switches (down on the column at end of cable) have a lot of drag because of
hardened up grease.  It is not an easy job , but I have done several over
the years. I have taken them apart , cleaned out all old grease , put new
clear  silicone grease in them. This fixed them.  My rampy got the top of a
late  column installed , with late style switch. This was also not easy to do ,
and  keep wiring neat etc, but I did it.It has a  70's?  Olds switch with
cruise lever on it now. When I get to it , it will get a switch with 4 way
button on the right side installed.
 My coupe and Lakewood got the rebuild/ relube job with very good  smooth
working results.
 Watch out for flying parts when you un crimp that switch. Somewhere I
have pictures of that job, but can not find them today. Of course you need to
check under the steering wheel also.
Regards, Tim Colson