<VV> S U Carb to replace YH

J. R. Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 17 11:05:28 EST 2014

Nick,  I received the following back from a friend who has the SU on his
Spyder.  He bought it that way.  You might find something in his response
which would be helpful.  If you wish to ask questions directly or possibly
get pictures, I'm sure that he would do that off the VV list.  If you want
the email address privately, let me know.

PASTE:

Hi JR, yeah, I guess so, but I have no additional info to give him other
than it was already engineered and done when i bought the car back in 1998
(do you believe that date) and all the details are in the Corsa Tech guide
in an article, How to install an SU on a Turbo, by Peter Jacobs, who did the
setup along with the whole restoration of the car. I have never even had to
rebuild the carb, it still works as it did when I bought the car. Thats
pretty good for reliability I think. I have considered doing the same thing
to the Spyder but the Holley Weber thats on there also works seemingly
forever, so I have not really tried to reverse engineer it. You can pass
this on to him if you want but I have done nothing but enjoy the result of
Peter Jacobs work. I would love to take credit for this butI cant. D

END PASTE

Later, JR