<VV> Cracked Pistons

James Cuneo jamescuneo at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 22 12:45:57 EST 2014

Bob thanks for responding, I used your book in conjunction with the shop manual when first building this engine. Initially I could not be more happy with how engine performed even with the stock carb.As for the damper, I purchased a rebuilt unit from one of the popular vendors at the time in '07. I don't remember which. When I degree'd the cam I found the timing mark off by 1/2 degree and made a new mark. I will check tonight to see if it has slipped.Jim