<VV> strange piston size

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 15:57:57 EDT 2014

 Long story short. I have a used forged piston (+.060) that the skirt will not fit into a +.060 over cylinder. The skirt is almost exactly .010 bigger in diameter than the top diameter of the piston!

 Yes, using due diligence, we checked the strange piston in the 6 newly machined cylinders and also in an other set of freesh  +.060 cylinders. It would not fit in any except for the top ring groove area.

 All the other +.060 pistons fit in any combination of the dozen +.060 cylinders we have on hand.