<VV> idle question 2

J. R. Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 9 23:25:28 EDT 2014

Randy,  Where are you (and the elevation) and what is the highest octane gas
at your local stations?

I'm a flatlander - IL (about 700 ft above sea level) and have 52 jets in my
primary carbs and 51 in the secondaries.  This works for me on 93 octane.  I
still deal with a minor stumble on the 140 (convert) at partial throttle
when accelerating - like from 30 to 40 or 45 mph.  I fix that by pressing
harder on the skinny pedal.  The 110 (in the FC) has no such problem.  Both
are 4 spd - but different gearing and throws involved.  FC is "mystery
shifter."

If you cannot get anything above 92 octane on a regular basis, 53 might be
just right for you.  Unfortunately, there might be a bit of experimentation
involved.

BUT...  Pay attention to Matt's comments before anything else.

Later, JR