<VV> powerglide car hesitates off the line

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Jul 16 22:32:50 EDT 2014

Hi Ray,

I had some similar issues after the wagon sat for a while - it had run perfectly prior about a six month layoff - even after cleaning the carbs as you did.  After checking a number of the same things you did, I went back and went through the carbs again, and found that merely a soak and air blow wasn't enough to get the idle circuits really clean.  There are two spots that I hit with spray cleaner.  First was the idle tube in the venturi cluster.  Second was to back the idle mixture screws out an additional turn or two, then spray down the well that the cluster idle tube goes in.  That will clean all the way through to the venturi.  That cleaning solved my trouble.

--Bryan