<VV> powerglide car hesitates off the line

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 14:39:08 EDT 2014

Matt, thanks for the reply.  I did set the timing with the vacuum line for
the advance disconnected and plugged.  The vacuum advance module does not
move when I hook up the vacuum line, but also does not move when I open the
throttle with the car in or out of gear.

I tested the vacuum advance and it started moving at eight inches and maxed
out at seventeen inches, pretty close to spec according to the chart I
found which said seven and sixteen.

I haven't yet read the rest of the replies guys, but just now when I
verified the vacuum advance specs I found the base timing is supposed to be
about fourteen and I set it to about nine.  I guess I'm too accustomed to
140hp engines!  I would have sworn I checked that spec in the fall when I
set the timing but apparently I either didn't check it or goofed when I
looked it up.  This seems rather likely to solve the problem, or at least
make it better.

Thanks Matt,

Ray R.