<VV> timing WAS powerglide car hesitates off the line

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Jul 16 23:15:54 EDT 2014

I use that as a good start, but then do either or both:

1. Use a timing light to check the running timing. This also allows you
to see the action of the vacuum and mechanical advance.

2. listen to the engine and advance the timing then drive the car and
listen for pining. The more deaf I get, the less I do this method! But
back in the day, I didn't need a timing light for years. This method
allows you to set the timing for the exact fuel you are running at the
moment.

Frank DuVal