<VV> timing WAS powerglide car hesitates off the line

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Jul 16 23:23:40 EDT 2014

Good idea Ken - But it is only a partial solution. I agree totally with
what you said. But if the carb idles are set incorrectly, and the vacuum port
is  displayed to the vacuum advance unit, on start up, the car will
immediately be  pulled to advance the timing. Now it is dependent on the carb
settings. If the  driver pulls away, the vacuum will drop and the engine will
retard -back to  where your setting was. (Hesitation?) That might be okay, or it
might not be  okay. After using your setting (I really prefer a timing
light with the vacuum  plugged) hookup the vacuum line with the engine running
and see if there is a  change. If so, back to the carb idle speed setting
screws. - Seth

In a message dated 7/16/2014 6:00:06 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,